The Made in America Experience
47,000,000 tweets… …927,000,000,000 posted selfies 560,000 consumed Budweisers… …140,000 people 51 acts… 1 City. Philadelphia. Although most of these numbers are completely made up, they give you a general idea of the colossal amount of fun that was compiled into two days. Made in America. Philadelphia was made for this. Beautiful people rocking their own individual styles… Artists & musicians anticipating the crowd as if this was their first performance ever… And innumerable smiling faces surrounding the Ben Franklin Pkwy. Yesssss Philly! EPIC! Believe it or not, this was my first year experiencing the MIA Festival. And it is a festival I will never forget. No matter who you came to see, everything else surrounding it -- from the food, the drinks, the free hair styles (shout out to the Shea Moisture booth!) and the overall culture was simply captivating. Checkout a few short clips and photos I snapped in the crowd. Tidal streamed the entire show live over the weekend, but for those that are not subscribed to Tidal.. here a couple flubs/funny things that you missed if you weren't there!
- Meek Mill melted hearts in the crowd by bringing his son out to dance to "Whip! Nae Nae!" Sooo adorable! (I didn't know he had a son!) and soon after, brought out his girlfriend Nikki Minaj to perform their single "All Eyes On You." Funny: Nikki walked onstage as if she had just hopped out of the car, purse on shoulder and all! Social media and publications are having a ball with that!
- The crowds were INTENSE! Pushing, shoving, trying to make their way to the next performance! (There were four different stages) At one point during Future's performance - KILLED IT, may I add, someone thought it a good idea to crowdsurf at random. Was all cool and fun until he got dropped right on his head. OOOOOH!! Paramedics?!
- Fabolous ripped the stage and brought out Philly's own Freeway where he performed classics! "What We Do" was rapped by everybody in the crowd! Then suddenly, just as Fab was about to perform "You Be Killin' Em" Action Bronson appeared on the big screen (he was at a totally different stage!) and they cut Fab's mic off??!!! What was up with that?!! CUT!
- Beyonce slayed ... and I mean SLAYED! In the video posted I caught her as she broke out dancing to Future!!
- Jidenna performed on the Tidal Stage in a 3-pc suit in 90 degree weather! WHEW! Classic... At one point a girl got on stage to dance, hopped into a handstand and began POPPING HER -- yeah... cray! His facial expression? Priceless. Not very Classy...man.