Many people think that you have to choose, either love or success. But that's not true at all! We have many examples like, Jay-Z and Beyoncé, Ciara and Russell Wilson, Will and Jada, Gabrielle Union and Dwayne Wade, etc...
Now what is true, is that it doesn't come easy and it is work!! Because most successful couples travel a lot for their careers, that means your not hugged up every night. Which may or may not be for you.
But what I will say, here are some things to consider if you want love and success to work:
1) Prioritize- Lets admit it, we can caught up in our busy lives that we tend to neglect one thing or the other. But when you realize what it's costing you, priorities have to be in order.
2) Be Confident- When you have spend time away, it can get hard for couples. But confidence is key. You can't stop someone from cheating on you whether they're out of town or in town. So know who you are and what you bring to the table. Relationships are built on trust.
3) Get Creative- Time is of the essence so make the most of it. With technology, there are so many ways to stay in touch; facetime, Skype, Tango, etc... So when time is limited or your apart, get creative. Plan extended trips or just a weekend getaway.
4) Communicate- Make sure what ever your needs are, you don't hold it in. Express it. This will keep the relationship on the same page.
5) Have an end goal- Find a way to chat about after I close this business deal, we'll start a family. Or after I shoot this movie, we'll plan our wedding, etc... Make sure your working towards something because that gives you a reason to stay motivated in the relationship.